USA. 2002 / DV / 12 MIN
Away combines animation and video in the shape of a personal journal that explores the internal process of adjusting to a new place – to which one does not belong – and the ideas, feelings and conflicts that arise from the contact with this new space.
Awards and Festivals:
- Festival de Cine de Huesca. Selection of Peruvian short films. Spain, 2005
- Week of Experimental Film in Madrid, Spain. November 2004
- First National Biennial of Cinema and Video, Lima, Peru. April 2004
- Honorary Mention at the Short films Competition CONACINE 2004. Perú
- Segunda Muestra de Documental Independiente Peruano. Lima, Peru. December 2003
- Cinematexas International Film Festival. USA, September 2003
- VII Encuentro Latinoamericano de Cine PUCP. Peru. August 2003
- Documentary exhibit “Ten under Ten”, Austin, Texas, USA. May 2003.